The department of nursing services is one of the foundational departments in the hospital. The department, through, her competent staff provides holistic nursing care to patients and clients requiring preventive, curative, palliative and rehabilitative interventions. The department is divided into several functional units which are staffed as described under specializations. The department has a total of 331 nurses and 166 support staff and health attendants.
The department is divided into several functional sub-specialties such as:
- Nursing Administration,
- Paediatric Nursing,
- Peri-Operative, Accident and emergency,
- Anesthetic nursing,
- Psychiatric nursing,
- Burns and plastic nursing,
- Orthopaedic nursing,
- ICU Nursing,
- ENT nursing,
- Orthopedic and Trauma,
- Public health nursing,
- Nephrology nursing,
- Ophthalmic nursing,
- Palliative care nursing,
- Oncology nursing,
- Cardio-Thoracic nursing and
- Reproductive health nursing.
Facilities and Services Provided
- Nursing care for in-patients, out-patients including children, adolescents, middle-aged and the aged.
- Maternal and child health care services and reproductive health care.
- Care, support and counseling to PLWHA and PABA (people affected by AIDS)
- Provision of services for tuberculosis infected clients through DOTS clinic
- Crèche facility for babies.
- Care and support for people with parkinsonism
- Daycare hospices and palliative care.
- Provision of services to orphans and vulnerable children in collaboration with NGOs and IHV-N.
- Guidance and counseling.
Institute of Human Virology of Nigeria.