The Department of Paediatrics is one of the clinical department in the hospital. Despite various challenges including space constraint which necessitated the use of children emergency room for paediatric outpatient department, the department still manage to offer the best of paediatric medical servicess. The department comprises of four (4) consultants in various sub-disciplines, eight (8) residents, ten (10) interns, one secretary and two (2) clerk / health attendants.
- Specialist care for all admitted children into the neonatal, emergency and children wards.
- Consultant specialist out-patient clinics.
- Women and hospital friendly hospital services including the infant/under-five welfare clinics.
- Resuscitation of babies delivered through caesarean section and high risk normal delivery.
- Care for orphan and vulnerable children, children living with HIV/AIDS, Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV.
- Resuscitation and stabilization of paediatric trauma and surgical cases
- Emergency care
- Special care baby unit with incubators,
- Phototherapy unit, resuscitation training facilities.