To offer excellent gastroenterology and hepatology care and services, thus reducing the burden of liver and bowel diseases in the sub-region
- To be able to carry out more therapeutic procedures with the provision of more trained endoscopy nurses, cauterization, and argon plasma coagulation machines; endo-clips etc.
- To provide more frequent endoscopy services with more trained specialists available.
- To be able to carry out ultra-sound-guided liver biopsies and therapeutic paracentesis at the patient’s bedside.
- To resume the conduction of the urea breath test once the kits are made available.
- To join the global community in reducing the burden of liver and gastrointestinal disease by educating and re-educating the patients, their caregivers, and the members of staff.
- To continually improve the quality of services rendered to the patients, both as inpatients and out-patients.
- Further exposure for residents and consultants within and outside Nigeria
SCOPE OF CURRENT PRACTICE
- Provision of specialist care for liver and gastrointestinal diseases as out-patients and in-patients.
- Provision of diagnostic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- Provision of therapeutic endoscopic procedures such as oesophageal variceal ligation, adrenaline injection of bleeding ulcers, and polypectomy.
- Percutaneous liver biopsies – ultra-sound guided.
- Teaching and training of students and residents.
- Outpatient and inpatient care and services
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
Check back for Schedule
Administered by: Department of Internal Medicine