The Catering Department is involved in Food Services and Nutrition and Dietetics Services. We provide appropriate nutritious meals for the hospital patients, visitors and members of staff and offer Nutritional Counselling for patients and clients. The Catering Department The staff strength is 39 consisting of 4 Registered Dietitians, 5 Clinical Nutritionists, 16 Caterers, 2 Cooks, 5 Stewardess, 5 Health Attendants, 1 porter and 1 Secretary. The Dietetic Section prepares therapeutic diets and counselling for patients with different illnesses.
- Preparation of patients’ meal
- Preparation of doctors’ meal and other Medical Professionals on call.
- Provision of food and refreshment for management meetings, Board meeting
- Provision of Snacks and Drinks for out-patients, visitors and staff outdoor catering
Nutrition and Dietetics Services
- Quality control of food stuff and served meals.
- Nutrition education and delivery of health talk to out-patients at various specialty clinics.
- Dietary Counseling.
- Therapeutic meal planning
- Food demonstration and growth monitoring at the under 5 clinic