The Department of Health Records is responsible for the maintenance of health records services. It is the responsibility of the department to safeguard health records from being tampered with from loss and unauthorized use, we are also responsible for seeing that the patient’s right to privacy and the confidentiality of information stored within the health record is maintained at all times.
- Development and maintenance of the master patient index for patient identification;
- Completion of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual statistics;
- Retrieval of Patient case files (health records) for patient care and other authorized use;
- Documentation of Discharge procedure and completion of health records after an inpatient has been discharged or died.
- Effective management of health records library;
- Protection and Provision of health information for research and academic purposes; etc.
- Reception and registration of patients
- Appointment and follow up procedure
- Care and safe custody of health records
- Collection, compilation and presentation of hospital statistics
- Provision of health information for research and academic purposes