The Department of Ophthalmology was created in 1999 and provides eye care services to over 40 clients on each clinic day and performs an average of 5 surgeries per theatre session. There are 3 consultants, 1 optometrist, 3 medical officers, 2 nurses , 2 clerical officers and 2 health attendants on the staff of the department.
Facilities and Services
- Facilities for optical and low vision services
- Out-patient eye care and optical services including low vision care
- In-patient ophthalmic services
- Emergency and elective surgical services, especially anterior segment surgeries
- Community eye care services and eye camp outreaches